Effective January 1, 2023
Your privacy is important to Arostream. We value the trust you place in us when you use our products, services, or interact with us through our website. We take the responsibility of protecting your privacy and the information we collect about you seriously. In order to provide our services to you on a cost-effective basis and to tailor our products and services to best meet your needs and interests, we inevitably must collect information about you.
We commit to:
• Communicate our privacy practices in a manner that is easily accessible and clearly describes your choices;
• Offer you choices about how we may use your information for our own marketing purposes;
• Not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone for any purpose – this includes our customers’ web browsing history, call detail records, and viewing activity;
• Secure your information through the use of reasonable security measures; and
• when you download applications or make purchases from other companies while using our Internet or wireless services;
• through any other products, services, websites, or applications, including your interactions with online video and other third party content services; and
• by devices (e.g., a tablet, smartphone, or other device) that enable you to access Arostream products or services or through a smart television where the manufacturer has directly enabled information gathering capabilities.
You should read the privacy policies for these other products, services, websites, applications and devices to understand their privacy practices; those privacy policies will apply to those third parties’ collection of your information.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
In order to provide you with our products and services and to keep you informed, we collect a variety of information about you when you interact with us or use our products, services, and websites. This information is needed for us to efficiently provide our services to you on a cost-effective basis and to tailor our products and services to best meet your needs and interests. For example, in order to provide timely and effective customer service, we keep track of when you called, what the issue was and what is the best way to get in contact with you.
If you are an Arostream customer and you allow others to access and/or use your accounts, products or services, we will collect information about those users, as well. We may also collect information about you from third parties.
Information You Provide to Us Directly or When You Create an Account
• contact information (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number) usernames, passwords.
• information about the types of services to which you subscribe, orders you place or downloads you make through an Arostream product or service, the service options you have chosen, and any customized setting you have created;
• information about your payment methods, such as your payment card number or bank account information;
• information related to a credit application for a product or service or to protect against fraud, which may include your Social Security number, driver’s license number, or other government issued identifier;
• information you provide when you enter respond to customer surveys; and
• information we keep in our records when you correspond or otherwise communicate with us, including through our call center or online chat sessions.
When you visit or use Arostream websites, we collect information about your interactions within those website or applications, including where you browse, what you search, and any purchases you make within them. We also collect device information, including your IP address and information about your browser, operating system, platform type; demographic information through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and information about the website that referred you to a Arostream website, and the website to which we refer you when you leave a Arostream website. The collection of this information, including IP addresses and the referring websites, is required in order for us to provide Internet service and for users to communicate with each other and with websites on the Internet.
When you access our network, we may collect general location information, such as the city or zip code that correlates with the license of your device IP address, or more precise geolocation data that indicates where you are at a specific point in time. We may also collect location information when you use some of our services.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
We may collect information from third parties for purposes related to delivering our products and services to you. This includes information to verify information you have provided and from credit reporting agencies to determine your creditworthiness, credit score, and credit usage. We also obtain additional information from outside sources, such as research consultants and marketing firms. We may collect commercially available demographic information about you or your community available from third parties, such as age, gender, and preferred language. We may also collect commercially available interest data, such as whether you like to travel or are a sports enthusiast.
HOW AND WHEN WE USE INFORMATION, INCLUDING FOR ADVERTISING AND TRACKING
First and foremost, we use the information we collect to provide you with reliable, high-quality products and services. We also use the information we collect to communicate with you, make improvements to our products and services, investigate theft and other illegal activities, and personalize your experience. This may involve linking and combining information about you from across the Arostream Platform, as well as from third parties (“Combined Information”).
We may also use the information we collect to create business and marketing reports, and to show you more relevant advertising, whether through our own services and websites, or on third party services and websites.
To Provide and Improve our Services, Products and Devices, Websites and Applications
We use the information we collect to:
• properly deliver, maintain and improve our products, services, and websites;
• fulfill requests for new service or changes to your account or the products and services you already receive;
• provide you with technical support and high-quality customer service, including through the use of recorded or monitored communications between you and our customer service agents;
• create and administer a Arostream account, including activating your service, billing, invoicing, and debt collection activities;
• authenticate or otherwise provide you access to your Arostream products and services;
• provide updates, upgrades, repairs or replacements for any of our service-related devices or software used in providing or receiving services;
• manage and configure our device(s), system(s) and network(s);
• understand how the service is being used, including through the creation of operational and marketing reports based on de-identified and/or aggregated service usage information;
• inform you of additional products and services that may be of interest to you;
• protect the security of the system, prevent fraud, detect unauthorized reception, use, and abuse of any Arostream product, service, website or application, and to enforce any Arostream policy or applicable terms of service;
• protect our rights, our personnel, our property, and the safety of others;
• maintain our accounting, tax and other records; and
• comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, as well as for the general administration of our business.
We may place “cookies” in your browser via third-party applications that contain information about you or your account when you set up a personalized service or customize your settings and preferences on our websites or mobile applications. We do not store sensitive information such as your password, e-mail address or credit card number in cookies.
WHEN AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share information with others when it is necessary to provide you with the products and services you request, interact with, and to which you subscribe. We also share information with others when you direct us to do so, such as: other users on your account; when required by law or to respond to legal process; or to protect our property or rights or the safety of our employees, our customers, or other individuals. We share information with Arostream affiliates and subsidiaries for their own marketing activities only after we have obtained any necessary consent to do so.
We do not sell or otherwise share information that personally identifies our customers, including their Internet Usage Information, or Call Detail Information, to third parties for those third parties’ own use, such as marketing or advertising of their own products and services. While we have no plans to do so, if we ever changed this business practice, we would provide customers with advance notice and obtain their express consent.
Account Holders and Other Authorized Users
We may disclose any information about a customer’s account and use of a service or feature to the primary account owner after appropriate authentication. The primary account owner may also authorize other users to access information on the account, which may include information about the primary account owner’s use of the relevant service.
Arostream Related Businesses
We may share information about you with other Arostream related companies in order to provide the services you have requested or to which you subscribe, or to make your Arostream experience more streamlined, such as through combining account information into a single location for easier access. We may also share information about you with these related companies for their own marketing purposes when we have any necessary consent required to do so.
We may disclose your information to third-party service providers who perform business activities and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you such as billing and collections, payment processing, analytics and research, marketing, service delivery and customization, maintenance and operations, and fraud prevention. These third-party service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services on our behalf.
Governmental Entities or Pursuant to Valid Legal Process
We may disclose information that personally identifies you to comply with valid legal process, including subpoenas, court orders or search warrants. In some instances where there is a valid legal request or an order for disclosure of information about you, we may notify you of such request or order and then it may be up to you to object or take specific action to prevent any disclosures pursuant to those requests or orders.
If you subscribe to any Arostream services, we may be required by law to disclose information about you, including information that personally identifies you, your use of our services, and the content of your communications, to governmental entities upon receipt of valid legal process. These disclosures may be made with or without your consent and with or without notice, in compliance with the law, including the terms of process. We may also disclose personally identifiable information about you, without your consent, to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; to enforce our rights in court or elsewhere, or directly with you, for violations of service terms, conditions or policies; and/or as otherwise required by law.
We do not sell or share information that personally identifies our customers or other individuals who use our products, services, or applications with third parties for their own marketing or advertising purposes.
We may share individually de-identified and/or aggregate information, including our business and marketing reports, with third parties for their own purposes.
If we enter into a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may transfer information about you, including information that personally identifies you, as part of the transaction.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
You also have choices to limit some tracking mechanisms that collect information when you use the Websites. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our Websites, including the Websites themselves, may not function properly or remain accessible to you. In addition, you may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting or removing their associated cookies. Note that if you choose to remove cookies, you may remove opt-out cookies that affect your advertising preferences.
Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings for Apple, Android or Windows devices, see:
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Websites or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take our responsibility to secure the information we collect and maintain seriously. We use reasonable security, including technical, physical, and administrative controls, to secure the information we collect and maintain. However, we cannot guarantee that these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose Arostream information.
You can help protect the privacy of your own information by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized interception of your personal information. You are responsible for the security of your information that you transmit to us or view, download, or otherwise access when using unencrypted, public, or otherwise unsecured networks.
HOW WE PROTECT CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 14.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT THE INFORMATION IN OUR RECORDS
We strive to keep our records accurate. If any of your information changes, please notify us immediately so we can update our records.
If you make a written request for a copy of your CPNI information, we will disclose the relevant information we have to you at the address we have for your account, or to any person authorized by you, if we reasonably believe the request is valid. For telephone and online access to your CPNI such as outbound call detail records, we require that you first authenticate your identity using a password established using our online system. We generally do not provide our customers with records of calls received, records that are only in our archives, other records that we do not furnish as part of a telephone bill, web-browsing history, IP address logs or any other information that we do not create or maintain in the ordinary course of business unless there is a court order or similar legal process. If there are errors in names, addresses, or telephone numbers in our vendors’ directory lists, or if you have been omitted from the directory, the correction cannot be made until the next available publication. Please understand that we may have no control over information appearing in directory lists or provided by directory assistance services which we do not own.